Strolling Around Bangkok

Following my previous post about my trip to Cha Am, Thailand. After spending two days in Cha Am, I went to Bangkok. It took me 3-4 hours by using the minivan. Honestly, Bangkok is so-so; it kinda feels like Jakarta. Maybe Bangkok is Jakarta's sibling. Same traffic, air pollution, reckless drivers and 'opportunist' sellers. Though, I only spent few days in Bangkok so I need to visit it again to be able to judge the city better.
I stayed at hostel near Ratchathewi BTS station. The hostel was quite good but I don't think I will stay there again lol. I went to Siam center on the first day and basically just strolled around the malls at Siam. Too many malls too little time lol.

On the second day, I visited the Grand Palace (Wat Phra Kaew). The entrance fee was quite expensive THB 500 and the place was extremely crowded. I personally think that it's not worth the money, I mean...comparing to Gyeongbokgung in Seoul, this palace is two times more expensive. I don't recommend this place at all. Maybe you could just take photo outside of the Grand Palace area and you can visit other places like Wat Arun. 

I was planning to visit cafes in Soi Ari, but I didn't have that much time so then, I went back to Siam (lol). Siam was quite big and there were lot of places to explore. I managed to visit some of the independent stores which sell local brands products. Each stores had their own concept and it kinda reminded me of stores in Seoul. 









On the last day, I finally got to visit a cafe called 'Fill in the Blank' in Thong Lo. The place was just too cute and the drinks and raspberry panna cotta were good. How to get here you may ask? Stop at Thong Lo Station and walk straight until you find KFC. Go to the alley and walk for 600m. There will be a signage for Fill in the Blank.

Everything inside the cafe was put aesthetically, even the food! I ordered their signature drink 'brownie salted caramel coffee', coffee latte and raspberry panna cotta. It was delicious! I will definitely going back to this cafe when I visit Bangkok again in the future.  







No comments