Current Skincare Routine (Klavuu, Krave Beauty, Simple and More)


It's been a while since my last update on my skincare routine and I am back with a new one. I'm currently having a major writer block to write my thesis and here I am on my blog writing a new post lol. 

Moving on, I have a new routine consists of new products that work pretty well on my skin. It's a cheaper alternative to my previous one (or is it??????). Korean skincare brand still dominating my routine because Korean is the leading in this field with its modern formulation and they can keep up with the trend that not only 'cute' but works on the skin. 


Morning Routine

I don't wash my face with a facial wash in the morning, instead, I am using a toner to clean my face. My morning routine is basically cleansing with toner - essence - serum - moisturizer - sunscreen
I am currently using Simple Soothing Facial Toner. For a 'cleansing' toner it didn't take away dead skin cells pretty well. So, at the moment I switch up between this and Safi White Expert Skin Refiner (not pictured). The toner itself is quite hydrating and it doesn't contain simple alcohol. Overall, for such a cheap price, it's good but I will not repurchase. 
The next step is an essence from a Korean brand Klavuu Sea Silt Repair Essence. I like the gel-like texture and how Klavuu formulates this essence with a lot of antioxidants and ingredients that good for your skin such as Niacinamide, Centella Asiatica, Ceramide NP, Sea Silt, Panthenol, and Hyaluronic Acid. The price is quite expensive but reasonable as the size is also quite big for an essence. I usually use Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum (I will write another post on the Green Tea Seed line). 
The serum I'm using is Krave Beauty Great Barrier Relief. The smell of tamanu oil is very strong in this serum. Live up to its name, it's a serum that you need when your skin needs extra TLC. It contains Ceramide, Tamanu Oil, Rosehip Oil, Niacinamide, Squalane, and other skin-loving ingredients. I have been using this for more than 4 months and I can say that it works on my skin. Again, the price for this is quite high but it's really good for my skin. Definitely will repurchase. 
Last but not least, moisturizer. I am quite loyal to Innisfree as I am a VIP member (weird flex lol) and the green tea seed line is my favorite. The Innisfree Green Tea Seed Cream is not my favorite moisturizer from Innisfree but I have no complaint about it. It moisturizes my skin without any breakouts. 
Even though it is not pictured, I am using L'oreal UV Perfect Matte and Fresh SPF50 PA++++. It's good and cheap. Don't forget to use sunscreen!


Night Routine

My nighttime routine is not much different than my morning one, however, I add a double-cleansing routine because double-cleansing is a must. Say it with me "I have to double-cleanse every day". I either double-cleanse with an oil cleanser or micellar water. The nighttime routine is consists of double-cleanse - chemical exfoliant - essence - serum - moisturizer.
My first cleanser is Senka All Clear Oil or Nivea Micellar Water (not pictured). The Senka All Clear Oil doesn't emulsify like other cleansing oil. It turns into milky blue when I rinse it with water and it doesn't give the most satisfying feeling, but I can work with that. The price is quite cheap and I got the best deal on sociolla when I purchased it.
Then, I follow up with a water-based cleanser Simple Micellar Gel Wash. What I like the most about this is that this product does not have SLS. It doesn't really lather like other facial wash but it does cleanse my face like how a cleanser supposed to do. It's quite hydrating as it doesn't dry up my skin. For such a cheap price, I would recommend this product.
I will skip the essence as I already write the mini-review above. The serum that I am currently using is Dr. Ceuracle (previously known as LeeGeeHam) Royal Vita Propolis 33 Ampoule. The star ingredients in this ampoule are Propolis, Panthenol, and Niacinamide. Yes, Niacinamide and Panthenol are my favorite ingredients. Why? because it helps with sebum production and hydration. This product is amaaaziiiing, it makes my skin glow and evens up my skin tones. I bought the 15ml and it lasts for months. My last step is moisturizer. I usually add an extra step which is a sleeping pack, but these days, I am just too lazy lol.

On the weekend, I usually add a sheet mask as a reward to myself. Mediheal is one of my favorite brands. Their sheet quality is different than the other and they don't put too much essence. But, as I am staying at home during this pandemic, I skip this step hahaha.

Moreover, I will try to post more on this blog. For those of you who are reading this blog, thank you so much. I know not many people are reading blog these days. I still prefer to write on my blog rather than on Instagram or Twitter because it's easier for me to write long sentences here.

Please stay healthy and fight this pandemic together. Bye!



No comments