Mini Review: Granhand Korean Niche Perfume


Describing scent is probably really hard for me even though I claim myself as a perfume enthusiast. However, I'm going out of my comfort zone and try to describe it anyway. Granhand is a niche perfume brand based in Korea. I came across this brand from Joan Kim, a Korean-American Youtuber based in Seoul. When I visited Seoul for the first time in 2016, I bought two of their perfumes. I added another two through my friend and when I visited Seoul again in 2018. Now, I have four of their multi-perfumes. Before I explained the details of its scents, the reason why I like Granhand is their cute packaging, it has such a beautiful traditional Korean touch and it will be a great gift/souvenir for your loved ones or yourself. Granhand now has four branches in Seoul. I have visited three of their branches (yes, I really like this brand lol). My favorite location the one near Gyeongbokgung, the place is really pretty (see here). 

Finn Juhl

The very first scent that I bought from Granhand is Finn Juhl. I originally intended to gift this for my dad but he didn't really like it so I took it back lol. The scent is quite on the masculine side as it has a strong woody and spicy scent. The longevity of this scent is quite impressive, even after I wash my clothes, the smell is still there. I sometimes spray this on my pillow because it strangely makes me sleep better. Sadly, they have discontinues this scent.

Top notes: Fig leaf, Bergamot, Pink Pepper
Middle notes: Cinnamon, Thyme, Geranium
Base notes: Woody notes, Fig, Eucalyptus

Marine Vacth / Marine Orchid

The scent of Marine Vacth instantly reminds me of the sea. It's very clean, refreshing, and warm. If you know me in real life, you know that this is my kind of fragrance that I like the most. I usually spray it into a diffuser so my room can smell like the sea. Marine Vatch is a fresh mix of citrusy, floral, and musky scent. As you can see from the photo above, I almost ran out of this perfume :(. I'm hoping that Grandhand would be able to ship internationally because I desperately need this.

Top notes: Mandarin, Pear, Lemon
Middle notes: Rose, Lily of the Valley, Orchid
Base: Musk, Toffee, Patchouly

Lucy Diamond

Maybe...the perfumer was inspired by The Beatles' Lucy in the Sky with Diamond but, when I sprayed this, I feel like I was in a floral garden with a lot of jasmine and gardenia. The smell of jasmine is quite strong but not overpowering. The mix of vanilla and musk makes it warm and pleasant. I'm seriously in love with this scent, I bought their fragrance sachet.

Top notes: Peach, Plum, Apricot
Middle notes: Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Gardenia
Base: Vanilla, Musk


Violette

Though it's not pictured because I left it at the office, Violette is hands down my favorite scents from Granhand. It smells like fresh linen with a hint of flowers. I bought it when I visited Seoul in 2018 and used it right away. Since smells trigger strong memories, the warm musky scent of Violette will always remind me of autumn in Seoul.

Top notes: Tea leaf, Rosemary
Middle notes: Lilac(Syninga vulgaris L), Apple blossom
Base: Musk, Sandalwood

Last note, if you're planning to visit Seoul shortly, I strongly recommend you to go and visit one of Granhand's stores. Not only smells good and authentic, but the interior design of each store is also pleasing to the eyes.






No comments