#CrazyBrokeAsian with Boujee Skincare: Skincare Investment and Treating Yourself



You work from 8AM to 5PM every weekday, you deserve to spend your money on things that you like and will benefit you in the future, like skincare! Some people spend their money on clothes, shoes, bags, etcetera...but me, I love me some expensive skincare products that work well on my skin like Sulwhasoo (not sponsored, but hey Sulwashoo! I'm down if you want to sponsor me lol). 


Skincare is important to me even though my skin still not in the best condition (I'm working on it). Self-care and self-love always come first no matter what and I learn it the hard way. I always tell myself and my friends that skincare product is an investment. You get what you paid; you can find dupes or other product with similar ingredients, but the difference is how the brand formulated the product. R&D in skincare business is expensive as hell. So if you really want to invest in your skin, consider the formulation along with the ingredients list. 

Why the fuck did I buy a lot of Sulwhashoo?

It's because I attended a beauty class with Sulwhasoo earlier this year. My skin really likes the products and I was like ok then let's get broke and move on. The first product I bought was their First Activating Serum and I saw improvement on my skin. Then, the story goes on...I bought their sleeping masks then the balancing water and essence. But, I never once regretted spending that much money for all of the crazy expensive skincare products. It makes my skincare routine more exciting lol. Is it worth the money? Probably yes...because as for now, it works well on my skin.

Treat yourself with a luxury product once in a while would not hurt your wallet.

Trust me, it wouldn't hurt your wallet by spending IDR 1000k once in a while. I would rather buy the expensive product that works well on my skin rather than trying out a bunch of drugstore products that might cause me some breakout. If you are not sure whether that crazy expensive product will work on your skin, try the sample/travel size first. If your skin loves it, then go buy the full size.

How to save money for boujee skincare?

I always spare around IDR 200k-300k every month for skincare products. Most of the time my skincare products will last for 4-5 months. For an emergency situation, I would use my credit cards (I don't recommend this tho).

So, don't be afraid to splurge and remember to treat yourself.




No comments